February 13, 2013
Pinterest is still one of my go-to sources for decorating inspiration, and this photo from Lonny explains why. It's where Anna Burke of Kemble Interiors resides and I just love it. There are so many decorating lessons captured in this one image. Here we learn that:
1. A black-and-white striped rug can help to anchor a room and add a great deal of energy to a neutral-colored space.
2. When using a rather loud rug, consider coffee tables with glass tops to avoid competition between the two. Let the rug make a clear statement.
3. Brass accessories instantly add a feminine touch to a room.
4. A sofa with an antique feel can be modernized immediately with a little fur (or faux fur) throw.
5. Get creative by thinking of new ways to use things just as how the leather trunk in this image is the resting place for book stacks.
6. White curtains give a room an airy feel and are best for allowing natural light to pour on into a space.