December 31, 2009
It's that time of year again when everyone's making their list of resolutions for 2010. Here are some of mine--all home decor-focused, of course:
1. Clear out the paper clutter once and for all. No more batches of junk mail, unnecessary papers on my desk and old magazines that are no longer needed.
2. Have more dinners at the dining table, rather than in front of the television in the living room.
3. Finally find the right pillows for my bed--not too soft, not too firm. Neck and back pains be gone!
4. Maintain order in my closet. Isn't this an issue for many of us? Clothes folded nicely, shoes exactly where they belong, no chaos on top of the dresser.
5. Experiment with more home fragrances. I love when you first enter a home just to be greeted by a delicious scent. I'm not big on potpourri, so I may have to resort to air diffusers of some sort.
6. Track down the side tables I've been seeking for my living room, preferably a set with with a gold tone and glass tops. Sometimes it's just the small tweaks that are needed to change the feel of a room.
7. More outdoor meals on my little patio during the summer. It's such a waste to never take advantage of outdoor space, no matter how small it may be.
8. Figure out the plants that work best in my home. I can't tell you how many different plants I've purchased throughout the year only to have them wither away on me in a few months. Very tragic, I know. My living room could get a bit more light, but I'm still convinced that there's a plant out there that can thrive in my apartment. :) I just can't stand the thought of living without any greenery at home.
9. Wouldn't it be nice to finally use both of my tea sets instead of rotating the same old set of mugs throughout the year? I'm looking forward to many sit-downs with the paper, my favorite blend, biscuits and all. I'm relaxed just thinking about it.
10. Take another interior design class. It's always fun to learn more about a subject you love following.